On his recent journey to Singapore, Tod met more than the usual quota of intriguing figures from the world of music and digital entertainment. One of them was Bob Lefsetz, an entertainment lawyer whose take-no-prisoners blog Lefsetz Letter is reputed to be the most widely read in the music industry. Described by Wired magazine as “a sort of digital-era pamphleteer,” Lefsetz blogs voluminously about the perfidy of the major labels, the ongoing revolution in digital music, and whatever industry executive, celebrity or artist happens to attract his ire or admiration. This fearsome gadfly joined Tod for dinner on the last night in Singapore and predictably, perhaps, Tod ended up in Lefsetz Letter the next day. Take a look to see what he had to say!
May 31, 2012
Lefsetz Letter from Singapore
This entry was posted on Thursday, May 31st, 2012 at 10:29 pm and tagged with Guitar Hero, M.I.T., music technology, Tod Machover and posted in Press. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
EventsThursday, May 9, 2013, 5PM. Tod Machover at University of Toronto: Mediated Music: Robotic Operas, Guitar Hero, Collaborative Symphonies and Beyond
June 19, 2013, 11:15AM-12:30PM. Digital Media and Musician Initiatives, at League of American Orchestras meeting, St. Louis, MO.
July 9-12, 2013. Tod Machover hosts a reception at MIT Media Lab for Constructing Modern Knowledge.
Feb. 12-16, 2014. Death and the Powers, The Dallas Opera AT&T Performance Center. Ticket info.
Search this site
- Excited for Andrew Eggert, Asst Dir for Death & the Powers! GIVER OF LIGHT World Premiere in Boston, 5/23 opera.broadwayworld.com/article/Gueril… 1 day ago
- RT @edintfest: You can now read a new Festival blog entry where Tod Machover explains the Constellation app himself. ht.ly/l8Ndi… 1 day ago
- RT @RadarEcho: People in dallas need to be in interior room taking cover - rotating cloud coming your way. Get off street. Could drop torn… 5 days ago
- RT @UofTNews: PHOTO: Brilliant composer Tod Machover from the #MIT @medialab during his talk at #UofT yesterday. ow.ly/i/25qek 6 days ago
- Wanted: Mac application developer wp.me/p2pyLY-4T via @Hyperscore1 6 days ago
TagsAlex McDowell American Repertory Theater artistic collaboration arts Arts Festivals Boston Chicago creativity Death and the Powers Diane Paulus electronic music entertainment Guitar Hero Hyperinstruments Hyperscore Interview Karole Armitage M.I.T. Marvin Minsky Media Lab MIT MIT Media Lab Monaco music music and health music reviews music technology new music NPR opera Opera of the Future Patricia Risley Performer's Guide Peter Gregson Press Production design Robert Pinsky robots symphony orchestras technology TED TEDx Aldeburgh theater Tod Machover video
Copyright NoticeCopyright 2010, 2011 by Hanoa Productions. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to "Hanoa Productions" with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.