Tod and I got together during an extremely rare moment of down time to shoot this interview a few days ago, right inside the beautiful Opéra de Monte-Carlo, or Monte Carlo Opera House. We had so much to talk about that I decided to cut up his interview into a few installments, starting with how Death and the Powers came to be – and like everything about this opera, the way it began was certainly atypical. I had been really looking forward to filming this interview, since the very first idea that blossomed into this opera started with Tod over ten years ago! Talking with Tod, who has been called “America’s Most Wired Composer”, was both enlightening and entertaining – hopefully this short video will give you some insight into what goes into creating a huge production like this one. Keep checking back for the next installment within the next couple of days!
Tag Archives: History of Death and the Powers
EventsThursday, May 9, 2013, 5PM. Tod Machover at University of Toronto: Mediated Music: Robotic Operas, Guitar Hero, Collaborative Symphonies and Beyond
June 19, 2013, 11:15AM-12:30PM. Digital Media and Musician Initiatives, at League of American Orchestras meeting, St. Louis, MO.
July 9-12, 2013. Tod Machover hosts a reception at MIT Media Lab for Constructing Modern Knowledge.
Feb. 12-16, 2014. Death and the Powers, The Dallas Opera AT&T Performance Center. Ticket info.
Search this site
- RT @RadarEcho: People in dallas need to be in interior room taking cover - rotating cloud coming your way. Get off street. Could drop torn… 2 days ago
- RT @UofTNews: PHOTO: Brilliant composer Tod Machover from the #MIT @medialab during his talk at #UofT yesterday. ow.ly/i/25qek 3 days ago
- Wanted: Mac application developer wp.me/p2pyLY-4T via @Hyperscore1 3 days ago
- Revving up engines for the Edinburgh International Festival commission. Subscribe to the project blog for the... fb.me/2q57VFBeM 4 days ago
- Love this updated #Edintfestcity page with loads of ideas about how you can help create this new orchestral work eif.co.uk/festival-city 4 days ago
TagsAlex McDowell American Repertory Theater artistic collaboration arts Arts Festivals Boston Chicago creativity Death and the Powers Diane Paulus electronic music entertainment Guitar Hero Hyperinstruments Hyperscore Interview Karole Armitage M.I.T. Marvin Minsky Media Lab MIT MIT Media Lab Monaco music music and health music reviews music technology new music NPR opera Opera of the Future Patricia Risley Performer's Guide Peter Gregson Press Production design Robert Pinsky robots symphony orchestras technology TED TEDx Aldeburgh theater Tod Machover video
Copyright NoticeCopyright 2010, 2011 by Hanoa Productions. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to "Hanoa Productions" with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.